Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My Yawp

I think most of us desire to leave some imprint of ourselves in this world. Or at least to know that we were heard and known and that we mattered to our fellow human beings. This blog is about making my thoughts known, whether they are trivial, important, useless, old, or new. Even if no one else reads this… at least I have put myself out there.

Ecclesiastes chapter one says that there is nothing new under the sun. I do not expect to come up with anything new or profound or to have any kind of impact on anyone reading this. In fact, I suspect that I will often share thoughts much greater than my own from people much greater than myself. I will share what has influenced me and perhaps why it has. This blog, if I am faithful in writing, will consist of thoughts on any subject that happens to be occupying my mind. Even if they are selfish, insecure, incorrect, pointless, small, and not very well-written, these are my thoughts. They are mine. And I am making them known.

1 comment:

  1. First, I want to welcome you to the world of blogging. You did it! I have added you to my reading list, so I look forward to your posts in the future. No pressure. ;)

    Second, I want to echo your desire to make your thoughts known. I think it's a universal desire, and perhaps I can go so far as to say a HUMAN impulse (though I do not doubt there are many who would express a preference to be unknown). I suppose we all differ in the degree of our desire for self-disclosure, but I do not doubt for a moment that we all long to be known by someone. I hope that this blog will be a medium of refreshment and self-expression for you, because there is nothing more beautiful we can communicate than the truth.

    ReplyDelete